- I have been married to my amazing husband, Nick, for almost 4 years!
- Some of my favorite smells are unsmoked cigarettes, orange peels, tea bags.
- I could watch (and have watched) You’ve Got Mail back to back to back. It is the most comforting movie ever.
- The Charlie Brown movies make my heart ache so much that I almost can’t watch them.
- Same with The
. Secret Garden
- I have read She’s Come Undone once a year since I got it. That’s 15 times, I believe.
- When I was little and couldn’t sleep, I would turn my pillow sideways. It worked every time, but I only used it as a last resort for fear it would stop working.
- If I could live anywhere, it would be in Stars Hollow.
- Or Pemberley.
- My first memory is getting my diaper changed. I was about 18mos old and I pooped all over my babysitter’s yellow shirt. Haha.
- I called my dad ‘Dee-dah’ when I first learned to talk. I think that might have been my first word.
- One day when I was about seven, my brother and I decided to prank our local Payless Shoes store. I called three times in a row asking questions like, “Do you have any ducks?” On the third call, the woman said, “No, but I could call the police and see if they have any.” Scariest moment of my life.
- Most of my favorite memories involve my brother.
- Seeing the Rock Monster eat all of those rocks in the Never-Ending Story used to make me so hungry.
- I used to have a lot of dreams where my teeth fell out and I would spit them out like Chiclets.
- I wish I would have studied ballet, I think I would have been good.
- To my surprise, I discovered recently that I am really moved by contemporary dance.
- I eat spaghetti at least once a day.
- I prefer a 1:1 ratio of spaghetti sauce to parmesan cheese, so it makes a paste of sorts.
- I often eat the same food every day for weeks, then I don’t eat it again for months or years.
- Right now my favorite foods are concord grapes and turkey/cheddar/spicy brown mustard sandwiches.
- I usually like opposite things at the same time. Rolling down the windows and blasting the heat. Alternating sweet and salty foods. Watching
while reading Pride and Prejudice. Laguna Beach
- I drink just about everything through a straw, hot or cold.
- For the life of me, I cannot tell one musical instrument from another in a song.
- I love gray socks.
- I have no tolerance for heat.
- Sometimes God speaks to me (for myself or for others) through the song lyrics that get stuck in my head. Just last week at group, I felt like I was supposed to pray for one girl in particular and I had the lyrics “On a Sunday morning…On a Sunday morning…” rattling around in my head. I asked her what her weekend had been like and she said it went well except for this weird thing that happened on Sunday morning that she hadn’t really planned on talking about. It was a good time of prayer.
- More often than not, however, God gives me lots of fun and meaningful dreams.
- And that’s why I have come to love sleeping so much.
- I am trained as a massage therapist, but never had any real intentions of doing it as a profession. I was too scared to follow through with what I really want to do.
- I am now in school for Christian counseling and I love it.
- I always ask for a definition of a word if someone says one that I don’t know.
- I also look up words at m-w.com constantly.
- I just found out that I like to read whole books of the Bible (if they’re shorter) in one sitting, rather than breaking it up over the course of a month or something.
- I prefer the Month-at-a-Glance page of my planner over the Day-at-a-Time page.
- I am a big picture sort of girl.
- So sometimes it is easier for me to get discouraged about life; I feel like I can see everything at once.
- My fingernails are kind of small.
- I like anything clerical: alphabetizing, organizing, addressing envelopes.
- I often sleep in the shirt I am going to wear the next day if I have to get up early. One less thing to do.
- I had a great day with my nephew a few weeks ago that changed my life in a lot of ways.
- I have overcome a lot of fears this past year.
- I went to the dentist.
- I got my wisdom teeth out.
- I shared a prophetic word at church. But there were only a couple thousand people there, so no biggie.
- I confronted a friend and it resulted in the breakdown of our friendship. But I would do it again because it was the right thing to do.
- I started school…and have gotten straight A’s thus far!
- And quite a few other things that are not fit for Blogland.
- I love the language of the Bible—some of rings so poetic. Here are some favorites:
- “I, even I, am He who comforts you.” (Isaiah 51:12)
- “And who knows but that you have been called to royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)
- “For in Him we live and move and have our being.” (Acts 17:28)
- If there are two ways of saying a word, I will usually say both. Ahpricot/Aypricot.
- When a fire truck goes by blaring their sirens, I only have to plug my left ear because I having some hearing loss in my right ear due to a bad ear infection when I had when I was 8.
- I can’t wait to see what Nick is going to look like when he is old.
- My grandpa taught me how to waltz. I miss him very much.
- I have had a few jobs cleaning offices and apartments. People who have seen my car might think this is funny.
- My brother and I used to play Life for hours. I never understood the Promissory Notes.
- My dad once told me that if I touched insulation (that fuzzy pink stuff in the walls) it would make me itch all over. I still don’t know if this is true, but I have never touched it.
- One time when I was little, I begged my dad to take me with him on a couple mile walk to Goodyear to pick up our car. He still talks about how I kept up with him even though he was 6’2” and I was only 5 years old.
- I had a friend named Jessica when I was in first grade; she had this zip line contraption that went from the top of her treehouse to the ground and you could ride all the way down. Sooooooo fun.
- We used to call each other the night before school and plan our outfits. I was partial to printed turtlenecks and jean skirts with matching earrings, headbands, and tights.
- The summer before eighth grade I grew three inches in three months.
- I sleep with earplugs.
- I love to read myself to sleep.
- My favorite album is Bat Out of Hell by Meatloaf. I discovered it when I was 12 and it just broke my heart, I loved it so much.
- The sound of a football game on TV on the weekends makes me feel sad.
- My parents used to have to drive me around the block for a long time to get me to sleep when I was a baby.
- Car rides still calm me down if I am upset about something. (I just made that connection.)
- I don’t care about politics. Maybe someday when I’m a grownup.
- I know all the words to Dirty Dancing and Footloose.
- I love to shop by myself.
- I love to grocery shop.
- I love to cook.
- I only listen to music when I’m driving about 50% of the time.
- Right now I am listening to the Pride & Prejudice score and it is lovely.
- Sundays are often difficult for me; it’s been that way my whole life, but it has gotten better over the years.
- I have loved Jesus for almost 8 years now. January 10, 2000 was the day of my salvation.
- I was baptized on August 10, 2002 at Breathe.
- The first thing that drew me to Nick was that he seemed sort of mysterious with his tattoos and piercings, but he had this sweet little boy laugh…I love that contradiction.
- Being able to make Nick laugh is one of the biggest complements for me.
- One of my last thoughts before sleeping is usually, “Please let me have him for just one more day.”
- I cannot wait to have children.
- I am pretty sure I am going to have twins. Just a hunch, who knows.
- I saw two kids in the grocery store today that look like what I think our kids will look like and I got so excited!
- I think I want to have a homebirth and the “helpful advice” people give upon telling them that is more discouraging than I thought it would be.
- I wish I was more photogenic.
- I sometimes love the feeling of not being able to remember something (like song lyrics) because I get to roll it around in my head for days or weeks. It’s like mental gymnastics, it’s great.
- I don’t like breakfast foods.
- So I usually eat soup or pasta in the morning.
(Inside the Actor’s Studio always ends with the following ten questions.)
91. What is your favorite word? Delicatessen.
92. What is your least favorite word? You cannot trick me into typing it.
93. What turns you on? Being delighted in.
94. What turns you off? Inconsistency.
95. What sound or noise do you love? Newborn baby noises, the washing machine.
96. What sound or noise do you hate? Mouth sounds. Anything loud and unexpected.
97. What is your favorite curse word? Probably ass.
98. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Counselor.
99. What profession would you not like to do? I probably shouldn’t do anything involving old men. My heart would break.
100. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your family that went before you has been waiting; the rest of your family will be here soon.