About Me

My photo
Clintonville, OH
The story of a photographer and his faithful wife. Nick has a gift for seeing the beautiful in the ordinary, Beth has a knack for data entry. Welcome to our world.

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Joy of Painting

So, I just heard from Nick and the team is finally in Brazil. It took them about a day longer than intended due to some plane problems and the like. Somewhere between the US and Brazil the airport lost Emily's (Nick's sister) bags...that sucks. However, she is reportedly taking it like a champ, which is more than I can say for myself had I been in that situation. Kudos to Miss Em. On a brighter front, Nick says there are amazing colors to capture all over the place. And you know what that means...new photos for Nick, new notecard material for me! So look for bright fun things very soon.

As for me, I am holding down the fort, as they say...Actually, I wish this apartment was a fort. But then I would never leave. OK, so this fort is getting a brand new coat of paint in the next couple of weeks. I am so excited! We have never painted anywhere we have lived--and believe you me, there have been many apartments in the four years of our marriage. We always seem to end up with the crackhead landlords (literally, in one case). But not this time. We have signed a two-year lease and are on our way to making it look like home. The paint colors are what Bob Ross in his prime would have called yellow ochre and phthalo blue:

The phthalo is a little muted and dark, but you get the idea. I also bought some fabric for curtains, which are being made tonight. More pictures on that later when the digital camera gets back from its missions trip.

Happy Friday!
:Beth

1 comment:

Olive said...

hey im so glad you have a blog and i can read along with your life now!