About Me

My photo
Clintonville, OH
The story of a photographer and his faithful wife. Nick has a gift for seeing the beautiful in the ordinary, Beth has a knack for data entry. Welcome to our world.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Big Muscles

Nick and I were talking last night and we agree that a major thing the Lord has been working on in my life in the past couple of months (well, years--but I am finally more willing, able to recognize it as such, and somewhat excited at the thought) is the ability to go on living even when, especially when, something is happening that I do not like and can do nothing about. This has always been a very 'weak muscle' for me, so the Lord in His infinite wisdom is kicking my ass into shape. It's good.
When Nick was in Brazil, I did pretty well. I learned a lot, mainly about what I just said. We had a lot of contact while he was there, via phone calls and emails. However, there was one weekend where the team took a river trip for 3 days and had no outside connection whatsoever. I felt prepared for this, but the weekend did not go as expected for me. I was starting my online semester that weekend and planned to get ahead and start off on a good note. One problem: the computer crashed. And I mean crashed. It would turn on or load Windows. I knew something had changed in me when I did not immediately start crying or freaking out. That happened a few minutes later, but still. I cried out to the Lord for a little while, then watched a movie. When I was able to talk to Nick again, he told me how to fix it. That weak muscle grew a lot during the Brazil trip.
Currently, two things are happening.
I have an appointment to get my wisdom teeth out on the 22nd. I thought my break from school was that week, but I realized last night that is actually the week I begin a new semester. Guess what? Nothing I can do about it until Monday when the dentist's office opens. I also thought about calling my school and seeing if I could contact the professors to see if I could begin a few days early, but guess what? Nothing I can do about it until Monday when the office opens.
I can seriously feel that muscle growing.
I also have been reading and studying for a test all week. I feel really confident about and I like the material it is over. I took a few practice quizzes and studied my notes. I was excited to take it when...I realized the quiz wasn't there. The professor must have forgotten to post it. I wrote her an email, but guess what? Probably nothing I can do about it until Monday when she usually answers emails.
Pumping iron over here.



Speaking of. My friend Sara was kind enough to give me her guest pass to Power Shack! Only $7/month and it's right by my work! So excited. I can't wait to get into a routine of working out come November-ish when my schedule goes back to normal.

I think that's all for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, I love you. Your muscles are big and I am so proud of your strength in spite of pain and discomfort. It is such a blessing, as your husband, to see my wife drawing her peace and strength from the Lord, like we are supposed to. You are very strong. I love that picture you found, too.

-Nick

Olive said...

pump it up girl!

God has so much to teach us and im so so glad i have Sisters who WANT to sit at His feet and learn from Him.

meridith said...

what a cool thing to realize that you are a blogger too! you have a new reader. :)

saylor days said...

'god in is infinite wisdom is kicking my ass into shape' that's my fav.line.i know the feeling of having god stretch and work you out.i'm happy for you.also let's work out our earthly bods together.

shutterthink said...

Yes, let's. I am picking up a form from Sara on Friday, then I'm all set!