About Me

My photo
Clintonville, OH
The story of a photographer and his faithful wife. Nick has a gift for seeing the beautiful in the ordinary, Beth has a knack for data entry. Welcome to our world.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Nick-day!

So, Nick turned 27 on Saturday and it was glorious!

The festivities began at 12am and ended 24hours later. Just like last year, Nick wanted to open his gifts at midnight so that's just what he did.

Minutes before destruction.
Check out this card.
Now, normally, I would never get a card with animals on it, but this was so funny. Look at their tiny ankles and their big shoes.
Nick apparently liked it, too.
A new shirt. A new...blazer? That word is so 80's, but I think that's the only word for it.
A print. The words say, "It's good to feel the warmth of your metal heart." Nick wrote a hysterical piece a couple of years ago about two robots that used to be in love, so it seemed fitting.
Greg enjoying unwrapping Nick's gift.
And his favorite gift...a voice recorder for his iPod. This thing is so fun. It records perfectly and has been sitting in the middle of the table at every meal we have had since he opened it.
More fun with the iPod recorder.
Funny picture of Greg on our bed.
View of Christmas tree from the boudoir.
Gifts all unwrapped...
...and off to bed.

We woke up and went to breakfast at Bob Evans with John and Erin, which was so good. Then we went to my Starbucks (yay!) and had more fun.

Here is H. Evans using her Star Skills and giving us legendary service.
Me looking like a bug that is drinking water out of a straw.
Erin, being sly.
John saying hello.
The Fanchers being the Fanchers.
While we were there, a blizzard swept in and threatened to ruin the rest of our plans that day.

We managed to make it to Half Price Books, then to BW3s with Nick's mom. (I forgot to get a photo of that. Oops.) We headed back to Nick's parents' house where Nick got to play in the snow with Isosceles.
Unfortunately, we had to cancel plans with my parents for dinner on account of the blizzard. So, Nick got to open his gift (from both of our parents) of a new cell phone. He has been wanting the Verizon version of the iPhone for months and got it. Good times.

We then went back to our home for a while to unwind and had the brilliant idea of going to HoundDog's with some people from small group for some birthday pizza. So fun.

Then, we headed out to Easton where we hung out at Starbucks (not mine, but still ok :) before seeing Across the Universe. If you are looking for a review, I am not the person to ask. I will say that it was good...for a musical. Which isn't saying much because I hate musicals. Every musical I have seen is so damn cheesy that even if they deal with real, deep issues (which they often do) I still come away with the feeling that two hours of my life, that I will never get back, was wasted on a shallow drama. It was still pretty interesting to watch, and of course the vocals were beautiful.
And Nick was there, so that makes everything better.
Happy Birthday, Nick!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture taking skills are amazing. I love your eye for composition. Also, I love reading your blogs even though I was there. Also, I get so caught up wishing I was a part of such fun events because of your great writing that I forgot that I was there in the first place. To quote the Moldy Peaches: "I'm in love with how you feel (write)".

-Nick

Robin Oatts said...

i was going to compliment your photo skillz, too. and after reading this...

"I still come away with the feeling that two hours of my life, that I will never get back, was wasted on a shallow drama"

i was going to say we need to hang out more...

robin

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

Funny-I too was gonna comment on how good your pictures are...you should look into doing it professionally...oh wait.... :)

Also-pertaining to the aforementioned comment. I dated a guy in college that after I rambled on pointlessly about nothing, he would jokingly say that was 5 minutes of his life that he would never get back....wonder why we didn't stay together? (In his defense he really was joking!)

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

OH yeah-and Happy Birthday!! Happy belated Anniversary too :)