About Me

My photo
Clintonville, OH
The story of a photographer and his faithful wife. Nick has a gift for seeing the beautiful in the ordinary, Beth has a knack for data entry. Welcome to our world.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

December 2007

Nick's parents got me a digital camera for Christmas! So, this is going to be a full-to-the-brim photo blog.

Let's start with Christmas.
We woke up to this:
Greg got this ornament off the tree and left it at the end of our bed as a gift.
Some of Nick's gifts:
A cool print.
Nick told me about one of his favorite pictures of him and his siblings...
...they were all laying together reading their own Calvin & Hobbes books. I attached to the inside jacket as a surprise.
A cute patch.
A funny zebra ornament.
Some of the things I got from Nick:
Yay--I have been wanting more Jane Austen ever since Pride and Prejudice (BBC) rocked my foundations.
Nick gave me his iPod and put 1,000 songs on it that I like. One of my favorite gifts, so thoughtful.
A stocking FULL of goodness.
Post-production.
Greg is clearly exhausted.
Off to my parents.
Brian showing off the new family photo.
Sweet Cheeks Kensie.
Chase eyeing the enchiladas.
Monkey Uncle and Monkey Boy.
Aunt Beth and Miss Kensie.
Christmas Night, all cleaned up.

The day after Christmas, we had a little party with friends with nothing on the agenda except extending Christmas for one more day by watching Christmas movies. Home Alone, Fat Albert, Charlie Brown, Christmas Story, etc. Good, good times.
Things can get kind of crazy with Nick and John in the kitchen.
Colin contemplating the culinary weirdness that was taking form...
The menu: hot wings, Doritos, orange KoolAid, and an entire carrot. Don't ask, I have no idea.
Saylor, the Carrot Drummer. This is how Colin got his start, you wait.
Robin, John, Nick.
Erin and John, hosts extraordinaire.
Saylor being cute and helpful.
Cuuuute.
Saylor waving to everyone that walks by. :)
An aerial view of the first time Saylor worked up enough courage to touch Nick's beard.
Then they became BFF.
Saylor Pie.
Makeshift family dinner.
Heather making some stellar nachos.

Happy 2007!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great great work, my love. That day was so much fun.

-Nick

Robin Oatts said...

I look like a hunchback in that picture.