About Me

My photo
Clintonville, OH
The story of a photographer and his faithful wife. Nick has a gift for seeing the beautiful in the ordinary, Beth has a knack for data entry. Welcome to our world.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day, la la la

Nick just said to me, “I’m going to go poop. And there better be a new blog to read when I get done.”

So here I am. A productive day in Fancherville. It involved: a psychology book, a pencil, a computer, an APA manual, some rice, some sweet corn, a mop, a few sprays of vinegar, a bucket, a rug, and a shower.

Nick went to his parents’ trailor (see, I said it) that is about an hour north of Westerville, leaving me ample time to get some stuff done.

We are going to pick up a 1950’s set of Encyclopedias Britannica from a Mr. John McCollum that we know from the Central Vineyard fam. I am excited about them. I have visions of them being a very cool color with very cool photos that I can cut up (or scan) and make a bunch of stuff out of them. Nick was a tad offended at the idea of me taking scissors to the pages stating, “Our kids might someday want to use them for reports and stuff.” This cracks me up. Our kids will be like, “Encyclo-what?” So yes, scissors and postcard mayhem are sure to follow.

Speaking of postcard-ness. We ordered two sets of prints from overnightprints.com—they should be here at the end of the week. I have not yet figured out pricing, it will depend on shipping, which I need to figure out. That site was a dream to go through, so helpful. So they should be in our Etsy shop shortly.

Tonight we are going to dine on the culinary goodness of Noodles & Company. Yum. Nick has not been there yet, but I know he will like it as much I do. Maybe more. Date night awaits and on such a beautiful evening.

On a less light note, please pray for my relationship with the Lord right now. I do a good job of writing and speaking like I am fine, but my heart is hurting like it has not before.

Well, I am off in an effort to finish this day well. I hope you are having a great Labor Day!

3 comments:

Olive said...

who needs mr. britanica when things like wikipedia exist? kat used a lot of old papers like the sort you are getting as wallpaper in her tattoo room. i always thought it was the best idea ever. you'd never get bored in that room - always something to catch the wandering eye and entertain it. (though don't try to have sex in such a room. let's stay on task ladies. shh)

saylor days said...

that's funny colin just said 'i gotta poo, i'm gonna go poo honey'
what a coincidence that you called when i was writing this! weird.
i'm praying for you, feel free to spew to me, i'll always listen.jesus is in the depths of your aching heart and loves you and understands your feelings more than you do.he is above and beyond this/us and he'll walk with you even/especially during the down times. lean into him! the enemy will not win because jesus has you. i know you know this.

Anonymous said...

Well written and honest entry my love. I am praying for you always.

-Nick